Clear Creek Stud, near Folsom, La., is holding its annual stallion presentation and providing a forum for Louisiana's Thoroughbred community to share concerns and ideas with political leaders Dec. 3 from 10:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Attending the event will be Louisiana Commissioner of Agriculture Dr. Mike Strain, state Sen. Beth Mizell, Louisiana Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association executive director Ed Fenasci, LAHBPA president Benard Chatters, Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association president Warren Harang, and Louisiana Solicitor General Liz Murrill, who is the top litigator on the Louisiana Attorney General's staff.
The highlight of the day will be the presentation of Clear Creek Stud's 2023 stallion roster, which includes:
- Clearly Now (Horse Greeley—Bend, by Arch) is a multiple graded stakes-winning millionaire. His first foals are just beginning to run, with his first winner, I See Clearly Now, breaking his maiden by 4 3/4 lengths Oct. 29 at Delta Downs going 6 1/2 furlongs,
- Custom For Carlos (More Than Ready—Meadow Oaks, by Meadowlake) is the 2022 leading sire of Louisiana-breds and the state's third-leading sire overall through Nov. 17. His current leading runner, Janet Is Ready, has won four of six starts this year at 2. Her victories include the Prairie Gold Lassie Stakes, Louisiana Cup Juvenile Fillies Stakes, and Louisiana Jewel Stakes. She was second in the D. S. Shine Young Futurity.
- Imperial Hint (Imperialism—Royal Hint, by Lahint) is a multi-millionaire, four-time grade 1 stakes winner, and set a six-furlong track record at Saratoga Race Course in the 2019 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (G1), where he stopped the timer in 1:07.92. Earlier in his career he equaled the six-furlong track record of 1:07.55 at Parx Racing in 2017. His first crop will be yearlings in 2023,
- Mr. Money (Goldencents —Plenty O'Toole, by Tiznow) is an exciting new addition to the Clear Creek Stud roster. A grade 1-placed multiple graded stakes winner, he is one of only two sons of Goldencents at stud anywhere. His first crop are yearlings of 2023,
- Star Guitar (Quiet American—Minit Towinit, by Malagra) completes the 2023 stallion roster. Unequivocally the best Louisiana-bred runner in history, Star Guitar was Louisiana's leading sire in 2018 and has been a regular among the top five sires since then. With seven crops to run, he has 43 stakes horses to date including three graded stakes horses—grade 2 winner Minit to Stardom, grade 1-placed Givemeaminit, and grade 3-placed Ova Charged. This year the stallion has been represented by stakes winners Behemah Star and Ova Charged.
A catered buffet lunch will be provided starting at 11:30 a.m., with the stallion presentation beginning at 12:00 noon. A family friendly event, there will be pony rides, Santa Claus and many children activities to entertain younger visitors
Clear Creek Stud Fees
|Stallion||2023 Fee||2022 Fee|
|Custom For Carlos||$3,000||$3,000|
* Stood in Florida in 2022.